Larry O’Connor, MFT
I work with individuals and couples, teens and families. My style is informal, but serious, while often times putting a humorous slant on ways of seeing something. I don’t rely on one particular theory of psychotherapy, or fit individuals into any particular template. My approach is active and collaborative. I listen to understand and respond to clarify, offer suggestions, or check out if I’m getting you–because I don’t assume to fully understand you, or want to pursue a line of thinking based on misunderstanding. Individuals I work with find it very useful to talk with someone who has professional experience in essential areas of life we all come up against and need to resolve successfully. I can offer alternatives to circumstances, patterns of response, or the dynamics within your relationships.
I genuinely enjoy what I do and the unique, and, at times, idiosyncratic relationships the individuals I work with and I create.
My specialties include:
- Improving Relationships and Communication
- Working through Separation, Divorce, and Co-Parenting
- Managing Depression and Anxiety
- Finding Meaning and Purpose in life
- Making successful Transitions, and Life Coaching
- Men’s Issues
- Reducing Substance Abuse, and managing Addictions
Schools of thought I draw from:
- Existential psychotherapy
- Humanistic psychology
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal psychoanalysis
I have offices both in San Francisco and Palo Alto.
I encourage you to read my reviews or post a review on Yelp.
Larry O’Connor can be reached at
or (415) 225-3032.