Larry O’Connor, MFT
I work with individuals and couples, teens and families. My style is informal, at times humorous, yet active and collaborative. I don’t rely on one particular theory, or fit individuals into preconceived templates. I try to understand each individual and respond to clarify, and check out if I’m really getting you. I don’t assume to fully understand you, or want to pursue a line of thinking based on misunderstanding. I offer alternatives to circumstances, patterns of response, or the dynamics within your relationships. Individuals I’ve worked with have expressed feeling comfortable and on equal footing with me, and very useful to talk with someone who has professional experience in essential areas of life they’ve come up against and need to resolve successfully.
I genuinely enjoy what I do and the unique, and the, at times idiosyncratic, relationships the individuals I work with create.
My specialties include:
- Improving Relationships and Communication
- Working through Separation, and Resolving Divorce, and Co-Parenting
- Managing Depression and Anxiety
- Finding Meaning and Purpose in life
- Making successful Transitions, and Life Coaching
- Men’s Issues
- Reducing Substance Abuse, and clarifying Addiction
Theories I draw from:
- Existential psychotherapy
- Humanistic psychology
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Interpersonal psychoanalysis
I have offices both in San Francisco and Palo Alto.
I always encourage you to read or post a review on Yelp.
Larry O’Connor can be reached at
or (415) 225-3032.